Today I am so excited to feature Miss Marissa and Miss Kristin of Southern Weddings Magazine on The Refined Woman. These two ladies are the dolls I got to traipse through NYC with last week for Bridal 2013 Market.
One thing that stood out to me is that they stayed true to the Southern Weddings brand. I think that is extremely important even as we photograph weddings, editorial, or meet with clients. Our name and our whole person represent our brand, and yes that means the clothes we wear, and even the colors we choose within our wardrobe.
Now onto some yummy (that's my new word from Kristin) wardrobe selections from the Southern Weddings Ladies as they took over NYC last week.
Above is Miss Kristin in her to-die-for Lilly Pullitzer dress. Can you get more southern than Lilly? Here's what she had to say about the look:
- Why did you choose this particular look for NY Bridal Market? Shift dresses are one of my go-to favorites because they look professional and simultaneously functional. I knew we would have a crazy first full day, so I wanted something withstand all the shuffling and still look respectable.
- Was it a success or failure? Why? I thought it was a huge success because I felt comfortable and trendy, while definitely not ‘New York Chick’, it was true to my classic Southern style.
- Can you list the brands of all the major/key pieces from the look? Dress: Lilly Pulitzer (similar); Shoes: Nine West ; Jewelry: Pearls (gift from my parents)
This is what happened when I told them to be serious.
Sunday morning after the Ines di Santo show we hustled over to the High Line to grab some shots of Marissa.
Marissa your polka dots and sequins could not have been done in a more classy way. (Side note folks notice her nail polish; it ties everything together quite nicely).
- Why did you choose this particular look? I chose the polka dot shirt because it made me feel like I came out of a Kate Spade look book! : ) I love Kate Spade, but the prices are a little steep, so the sequined collar + polka dots felt very KS without the price tag. I also chose paints that day because it was quite cold and I was refusing to wear a coat!
- Was it a success or failure? Why? Both outfits were a success in my book:)
- Can you list the brands of all the major/key pieces from the look? Polka dot shirt: Nordstrom Rack; Black pants: Loft ; Shoes: Tory Burch; Belt: Nordstrom; Watch: Michael Kors; Necklace: Moon and Lola; Bracelets: David Yurman
All images photographed by: Kat Harris